Heavy Rigid License – HR Truck Driving License Training in Sydney West NSW
Ever wanted to enter the trucking industry? Do you wish to upgrade your drivers’ license? Do you want to drive a heavy vehicle but don’t know how to procure a license for yourself? Give us a call and we’ll do everything to enable you to get your HR license. Once you’ve taken one of our truck driving courses, you will have everything you need to get your HR license and climb onto the road.
At Jag’s Truck Training, we have an RMS-accredited instructing team that will train and evaluate you based on standard RMS competency. We will help you meet your competencies, after which you will be given an applicable license by the RMS. Your driver’s license will show the highest class or classes of vehicles that you’re authorised to drive.
What are Heavy Rigid Class Vehicles?
- Trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes, and three or more axles.
- Articulated buses – which are buses that can bend but are considered rigid vehicles.
- Towed trailers that don’t weigh more than nine tonnes in GVM.
- You have held a P2 or class C license or equivalent for two years or longer. A learner’s license does not count.
- You have passed the HR knowledge test.
- You have passed the eyesight test.
- You have read and understood the CBA guidebook.
We teach you everything you need to know to be able to drive a HR vehicle on Australian roads. The course content includes but is not limited to the following:
- Pre-operational check
- Road rules and directions
- Start, move off, stopping and securing the vehicle
- Management of steering, gears, brakes and accelerator
- Create, maintain and protect Crash Avoidance Space
- Reversing, hill stopping and starting, and load securing
- Cabin drills
- City and highway driving
- Defensive driving
- Vehicle positioning, turning and handling
- Final competency assessment
We look after the entire process for you, hassle-free. And our trained instructors ensure that you fulfil the requirements not only of the TLI10 Transport and Logistics Training Package, but also of the RMS requirements for Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA).
A well-trained driver is a good driver. At Jag’s Truck Training, our highest priority is to provide best-in-class training and expertise so that you become a smart, sensible and safe behind the wheel of that HR truck. We stake our reputation on the quality of our services.
Give us a call and we’ll get you driving trucks professionally in no time!